To realize Society 5.0 and continuous innovation in which people evolve along with AI, it is necessary to account for national, industry academia, and public private borders, race, sex, nationality, age, political and religious beliefs, etc. Beyond these boundaries, through a Global perspective we must promote diversification and cooperation between industry academia public private sectors, through the development of human capabilities and technology.
To encourage mutual collaboration and partnership between universities, research institutions and private sectors, and the flexible movement of talent.
To implement AI efficiently and securely in society, methods for confirming the quality and reliability of AI and for efficient collection and maintenance of data utilized in AI must be promoted. Additionally, the establishment of AI engineering should also be promoted. This engineering includes methods for the development, testing and operation of AI.
To ensure the sound development of AI technology, it is necessary to establish an accessible platform in which data from all fields can be mutually utilized across borders with no monopolies, while ensuring privacy and security. In addition, research and development environments should be created in which computer resources and highspeed networks are shared and utilized, to promote international collaboration and accelerate AI research.
To promote implementation of AI technology, governments must promote regulatory reform to reduce impeding factors in AI related fields.
2.5. International co operation for trustworthy AI
Published by: G20 Ministerial Meeting on Trade and Digital Economy in G20 AI Principles
a) Governments, including developing countries and with stakeholders, should actively cooperate to advance these principles and to progress on responsible stewardship of trustworthy AI.
b) Governments should work together in the OECD and other global and regional fora to foster the sharing of AI knowledge, as appropriate. They should encourage international, crosssectoral and open multi stakeholder initiatives to garner long term expertise on AI.
c) Governments should promote the development of multi stakeholder, consensus driven global technical standards for interoperable and trustworthy AI.
d) Governments should also encourage the development, and their own use, of internationally comparable metrics to measure AI research, development and deployment, and gather the evidence base to assess progress in the implementation of these principles.
• Foster Innovation and Open Development
To better understand the impact of AI and explore the broad diversity of AI implementations, public policy should encourage investment in AI R&D. Governments should support the controlled testing of AI systems to help industry, academia, and other stakeholders improve the technology.
• Fuel AI innovation: Public policy should promote investment, make available funds for R&D, and address barriers to AI development and adoption.
• Address global societal challenges: AI powered flagship initiatives should be funded to find solutions to the world’s greatest challenges such as curing cancer, ensuring food security, controlling climate change, and achieving inclusive economic growth.
• Allow for experimentation: Governments should create the conditions necessary for the controlled testing and experimentation of AI in the real world, such as designating self driving test sites in cities.
• Prepare a workforce for AI: Governments should create incentives for students to pursue courses of study that will allow them to create the next generation of AI.
• Lead by example: Governments should lead the way on demonstrating the applications of AI in its interactions with citizens and invest sufficiently in infrastructure to support and deliver AI based services.
• Partnering for AI: Governments should partner with industry, academia, and other stakeholders for the promotion of AI and debate ways to maximize its benefits for the economy.
7. Open and Collaboration
Cross disciplinary and cross boundary exchanges and cooperation should be encouraged in the development of AI. Coordinated interactions should be fostered among international organizations, government agencies, research institutions, educational institutions, industries, social organizations and the general public in the development and governance of AI. With full respect for the principles and practices of AI development in various countries, international dialogues and cooperation should be encouraged to promote the formation of an international AI governance framework with broad consensus.
8. Agile Governance
The governance of AI should respect the underlying principles of AI development. In promoting the innovative and healthy development of AI, high vigilance should be maintained in order to detect and resolve possible problems in a timely manner. The governance of AI should be adaptive and inclusive, constantly upgrading the intelligence level of the technologies, optimizing management mechanisms, and engaging with muti stakeholders to improve the governance institutions. The governance principles should be promoted throughout the entire lifecycle of AI products and services. Continuous research and foresight for the potential risks of higher level of AI in the future are required to ensure that AI will always be beneficial for human society.