We should not construct a society in which we overly depend on AI, nor should AI be used to control human behavior by pursuing efficiency and convenience too much. We need to construct a society in which human dignity is respected, such as people demonstrating human abilities, showing great creativity, doing challenging work and living a lively life materially and spiritually, by using AI as their instruments.
1. Principle 1 — Human Rights
Issue: How can we ensure that A IS do not infringe upon human rights?
To best honor human rights, society must assure the safety and security of A IS so that they are designed and operated in a way that benefits humans:
1. Governance frameworks, including standards and regulatory bodies, should be established to oversee processes assuring that the use of A IS does not infringe upon human rights, freedoms, dignity, and privacy, and of traceability to contribute to the building of public trust in A IS.
2. A way to translate existing and forthcoming legal obligations into informed policy and technical considerations is needed. Such a method should allow for differing cultural norms as well as legal and regulatory frameworks.
3. For the foreseeable future, A IS should not be granted rights and privileges equal to human rights: A IS should always be subordinate to human judgment and control.
1. Harmony and Human friendly
The goal of AI development should be to promote the well being of humankind. It should conform to human values and ethical principles, promote human machine harmony, and serve the progress of human civilization. The development of AI should be based on the premise of ensuring social security and respecting human rights, and should prevent misuse, abuse and evil use of AI technology by all means.
We will promote human values, freedom and dignity
1. AI should improve society, and society should be consulted in a representative fashion to inform the development of AI
2. Humanity should retain the power to govern itself and make the final decision, with AI in an assisting role
3. AI systems should conform to international norms and standards with respect to human values and people rights and acceptable behaviour
3. Make AI Serve People and Planet
This includes codes of ethics for the development, application and use of AI so that throughout their entire operational process, AI systems remain compatible and increase the principles of human dignity, integrity, freedom, privacy and cultural and gender diversity, as well as with fundamental human rights.
In addition, AI systems must protect and even improve our planet’s ecosystems and biodiversity.