To realize Society 5.0 and continuous innovation in which people evolve along with AI, it is necessary to account for national, industry academia, and public private borders, race, sex, nationality, age, political and religious beliefs, etc. Beyond these boundaries, through a Global perspective we must promote diversification and cooperation between industry academia public private sectors, through the development of human capabilities and technology.
To encourage mutual collaboration and partnership between universities, research institutions and private sectors, and the flexible movement of talent.
To implement AI efficiently and securely in society, methods for confirming the quality and reliability of AI and for efficient collection and maintenance of data utilized in AI must be promoted. Additionally, the establishment of AI engineering should also be promoted. This engineering includes methods for the development, testing and operation of AI.
To ensure the sound development of AI technology, it is necessary to establish an accessible platform in which data from all fields can be mutually utilized across borders with no monopolies, while ensuring privacy and security. In addition, research and development environments should be created in which computer resources and highspeed networks are shared and utilized, to promote international collaboration and accelerate AI research.
To promote implementation of AI technology, governments must promote regulatory reform to reduce impeding factors in AI related fields.
• Foster Innovation and Open Development
To better understand the impact of AI and explore the broad diversity of AI implementations, public policy should encourage investment in AI R&D. Governments should support the controlled testing of AI systems to help industry, academia, and other stakeholders improve the technology.
• Fuel AI innovation: Public policy should promote investment, make available funds for R&D, and address barriers to AI development and adoption.
• Address global societal challenges: AI powered flagship initiatives should be funded to find solutions to the world’s greatest challenges such as curing cancer, ensuring food security, controlling climate change, and achieving inclusive economic growth.
• Allow for experimentation: Governments should create the conditions necessary for the controlled testing and experimentation of AI in the real world, such as designating self driving test sites in cities.
• Prepare a workforce for AI: Governments should create incentives for students to pursue courses of study that will allow them to create the next generation of AI.
• Lead by example: Governments should lead the way on demonstrating the applications of AI in its interactions with citizens and invest sufficiently in infrastructure to support and deliver AI based services.
• Partnering for AI: Governments should partner with industry, academia, and other stakeholders for the promotion of AI and debate ways to maximize its benefits for the economy.
2. We design for people
We strive to create AI software systems that are inclusive and that seek to empower and augment the talents of our diverse usership. By providing human centered user experiences through augmentative and intuitive technologies, we leverage AI to support people in maximizing their potential. To achieve this, we design our systems closely with users in a collaborative, multidisciplinary, and demographically diverse environment.
4. AI should level the playing field
Voice technology and social robots provide newly accessible solutions, specifically to people disadvantaged by sight problems, dyslexia and limited mobility. The business technology community needs to accelerate the development of new technologies to level the playing field and broaden the available talent pool.
2. Human centric
AI is used to simplify and enhance our customers’ lives. Employees’ issues are recognized and respected. We acknowledge the advantages of a cooperative and complementary model of humanmachine interactions and seek to use this in a sustainable way. Our preference and intention is for AI to extend and complement human abilities rather than lessen or restrict them.