Chapter 5. The Norms of Use
18. Promote good use. Strengthen the justifications and evaluations of AI products and services before use, fully get aware on the benefits of AI products and services, and fully consider the legitimate rights and interests of various stakeholders, so as to better promote economic prosperity, social progress and sustainable development.
19. Avoid misuse and abuse. Fully get aware and understand the scope of applications and potential negative effects of AI products and services, and earnestly respect the rights of relevant entities not to use AI products or services, avoid improper use, misuse and abuse of AI products and services, and avoid unintended cause of damages to the legitimate rights and interests of others.
20. Forbid malicious use. It is forbidden to use AI products and services that do not comply with laws, regulations, ethical norms, and standards. It is forbidden to use AI products and services to engage in illegal activities. It is strictly forbidden to endanger national security, public safety and production safety, and it is strictly forbidden to do harm to public interests.
21. Timely and Proactive feedback. Actively participate in the practice of AI ethics and governance, prompt feedback to relevant subjects and assistance for solving problems are expected when technical safety and security flaws, policy and law vacuums, and lags of regulation are found in the use of AI products and services.
22. Improve the ability to use. Actively learn AI related knowledge, and actively master the skills required for various phases related to the use of AI products and services, such as operation, maintenance, and emergency response, so as to ensure the safe and efficient use of them.
Published by National Governance Committee for the New Generation Artificial Intelligence, China in Ethical Norms for the New Generation Artificial Intelligence, Sep 25, 2021